Due: 08/03 (Issued: 04/03)
Using your answers to the previous homework sheet, answer the question using AIDRWL:
“How has the writer structured the text to interest you as a reader?”
- Written in full sentences.
- Adhere to the AIDRWL structure.
- User the terminology on the handout.
- Who is speaking?
- Is this general or specific?
- What tense is being used and what does this imply?
- What is the sentence type?
- What is the focus?
- How does the focus change?
- How does the writer show us the change?
- How is punctuation similar different
- Other structural features, look at terminology sheet and highlight examples of this in the source.
What else to think about
- What the writer focuses your attention on at the beginning
- How and why the writer changes this focus as the source develops
- Any other structural features that interest you.