Due: 16/05 (Issued: 10/05)
- Read again source A. Choose four statements below which are TRUE.
(Paper 2. Question 1.)
- Lyra refuses to explain why she is wearing the bag.
- The golden monkey and the polecat are evenly matched
- Lyra and Pantaliamon share a bond so that Lyra gives Pantalaimon tactics
- The monkey has an emotionless and inquisitive manner.
- Lyra can feel the pain inflicted on Pantalaimon by the monkey
- Mrs Coulter appears detached from the monkey’s violent behaviour.
- The monkey responds to Mrs Coulter’s thoughts.
- Mrs Coulter has said all she has to say on the matter.
- Read again Source B. List four things from this part of the text about the aftermath of Lyra and Mrs Coulter’s disagreement. (Paper 1. Question 1.)
- You need to refer to source A for this question. Look in detail at each example, a and b from the source.
How does the writer use language in each example to reveal Mrs Coulter’s feelings?
a) Source A; Lines 2to 3: “She didn’t finish the sentence, because Mrs. Coulter’s daemon sprang off the sofa in a blur of golden fur and pinned Pantalaimon to the carpet before he could move.”
b) Source A; Lines 7 to 8: “…he took one of Pantalaimon’s ears in his other paw and pulled as if he intended to tear it off. Not angrily, either, but with a cold curious force that was horrifying to see and even worse to feel. “
- All 3 questions answered
- Handout stuck in your books
- At least 1 paragraph in length for 3.a and 3.b (5-8 sentences per paragraph)
- Correct punctuation
- Correct capital letters
- Check your spellings