Due: 19/09 (Issued: 12/09)
Title: A Letter of Advice
- Consider the themes and topics discussed so far in relation to Blood Brothers and its context
- Plan and write a letter to Mrs Johnstone
- Offer advice on what to do with one of the twins – should she give it up to Mrs Lyons or keep it?
- What points / facts are most important to your argument?
- What order provides the best argument? Put your strongest point at the end.
- Can you include a counter argument that you can dismiss using the strength of your points?
- Write in full sentences
- Write in clear paragraphs (change paragraphs for a change of subject, perspective, or time)
- Use discourse markers to connect your paragraphs into a cohesive narrative
- At least one page in length
- At least 3 points / facts to be covered
- Correctly use capital letters
- Correctly use punctuation
- Check your spellings
- Use at least 1 example of a persuasive language for each point