Always check you understanding of the question
- Immediate response
- What are your immediate thoughts, knowledge and ideas?
- What does the question bring to mind?
- Write them down
- Break the question down
- What are you being asked to do / what is the question asking?
- Consider what, why, who and how
- Identify the text, topic and task – how are you expected to respond?
- How does the question link to the key performance indicators or the lesson’s objectives?
- Identify and define the nouns (what do they mean / what are they referring to?)
- Identify characters, texts or themes (who / what is the question about?)
Do you know what you need to do?