Question the text
- Who / what is it about?
- Who wrote this? Whose voice is it?
- What is their point of view? What are they arguing for / against?
- What is their intention? What do they want you to believe?
- Do you agree with them? Why?
- Who has the power in the text?
- How do you know?
Can you turn the text on its head?
- Whose voice is not in the text and should be?
- Whose voice is being silenced / marginalised by the text?
- What is the counter argument? Is it as strong / stronger?
- Are you aware of a competing narrative?
- If this text is “normal” what would be abnormal?
- How would the text be different if written from another perspective?
- What language would need to change?